Ahead of the much-anticipated Ronin S release, we’re breaking down the ins and outs of DJI’s first ever single-handed stabiliser for DSLR’s.
Next up is the final part of our Ronin-S In The Spotlight series; a step-by-step guide on the stabiliser’s Basic Operations.
Before using the Ronin-s make sure to assemble and balance the stabiliser. You can find our guide on how to balance the Ronin-S here.
1. Press the grip power button once to turn on the grip.
2. Press and hold the gimbal power button for several seconds, when you hear a beep, the Ronin-S is powered on.
3. Press and hold the trigger. When the Profile LED indicator blinks green, it means that the camera’s orientation is locked.
4. Press the Trigger twice to re-centre the gimbal.
5. Press the Trigger three time to quickly turn the gimbal 180 degrees so that the camera faces you.
6. Press the Trigger four times and hold to begin Joystick Calibration.
7. Push and pull the joystick several times as far as it will go in all directions.
8. Then, Press the Trigger four times and hold again to complete calibration.
9. Press and hold the M button and Trigger simultaneously to begin Auto Tune.
Switching User Profiles
10. Press the M button once to switch between the three user profiles.
Entering Sport Mode
11. Press and hold the M button to enter Sport Mode and the Profile LED Indicator will turn solid yellow.
12. Sport Mode allows you to capture fast-moving scenes.
13. Push the joystick left or right to control the movement of the pan axis and push the joystick up or down to control the movement of the tilt axis.
14. To quickly enter the Underslung Mode, press and hold the Trigger and turn the Ronin-S upside down.
15. Alternatively, you can double press the gimbal power button to pause the motors.
16. Turn the gimbal upside down, rotate the roll axis make the camera face forward and press the power button twice again to un-pause it.
17. Thanks to the unlimited movement of the pan axis, the Ronin-S is capable of performing continuous 360-degree rotation.
18. Launch the Ronin app and go to Configuration.
19. Then Control Settings.
20. Then press Channels
21. After this, re-map Channel 3 (CH3) to the Roll Axis and set the CH1 and CH2 to N/A.
22. Then press and hold the Trigger, hold the Ronin-S horizontally to enter Flashlight mode.
23. Double press he Trigger to re-centre the gimbal, then push the joystick left or right to get the gimbal rolling continuously.
Now you know the Basic Operations of the Ronin-S is and you’re ready to go and capture some fantastic shots. Happy shooting!
Stay tuned for the final piece of the Ronin-S puzzle – How to Update the Firmware.