How to Update your DJI Mavic Air Firmware
Here at Uplift, we know we drone on (punny) about how we’re all about customer satisfaction– but we really do mean it, we’re all about giving a helping hand when we can.
We know that Firmware updates can be frustrating and annoying – so we’ve broken them down for you into this simple 13-step guide.
Before you begin the update, make sure that the aircraft’s battery level is more than 50%.
1. Power on the aircraft and remote controller.
2. Launch the DJI GO 4 app on your mobile or tablet.
3. At the top of the app you will see that a ‘New firmware update is available!” – Simply tap the prompt to go to the aircraft firmware download screen.
4. Once on the aircraft firmware download screen, tap the ‘Download Now’ button at the bottom of the screen.
5. Do not power off the aircraft or the remote controller during the update and do not exit the DJI Go 4 app either.
6. If the download fails, check whether the internet connection is okay and then download the firmware again.
7. Once updated, an ‘Update Complete’ prompt will appear on screen. When you see this, simply tap ‘OK’.
8. After tapping OK, restart the aircraft.
9. Once your Mavic Air has restarted, head back to the DJI Go 4 app and tap the firmware update status bar.
10. Again the same as with the aircraft you’ll see a ‘New firmware update is available!” prompt: this time for the remote controller. Tap it to enter the remote controller firmware download screen.
11. Once you’re on the remote controller firmware download screen, tap ‘Download Now’ to begin the Update. Again – the same as with the aircraft update – don’t power off the aircraft or the remote controller during the update and do not exit the DJI Go 4 app.
12. Once the update is finished, an ‘Update Complete’ prompt will appear. Again, press ‘OK’ to finish the process.
13. Finally, make sure to restart both the DJI Mavic Air and remote controller and you’re done. Easy as that!
Now your DJI Mavic Air and remote controller are ready to go and you can get back in the skies with the latest firmware.